ART EXHIBITION: • Sept. 13th-18th • Mon-Sat 10am-6pm

MEET the ARTISTs" RECEPTION: • Friday September 17, 6:30-9pm

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Art Buzz Austin Artist- RENE NORMAN



" let go & jump in. this is my approach to making art. i have neither a pre-determined plan nor a particular message in mind. my interest lies in creating my own form of organized chaos that evokes a sense of calm. tension and restraint  are also at play.

color & composition are my two driving elements. i am just to name a few. nature, architecture and interior design also influence my work. inspired by a number of artists: rothko, diebenkorn and martin, this series of work implements a variety of media including

acrylic, colored pencil, tape, thread and paper. all of this is my attempt to conjure relationships within & around the boundaries created by these lines. i work intuitively in a reductive manner by adding and editing layers and gestures. "
-RENE NORMAN
     

No comments:

Post a Comment