ART EXHIBITION: • Sept. 13th-18th • Mon-Sat 10am-6pm

MEET the ARTISTs" RECEPTION: • Friday September 17, 6:30-9pm

Monday, August 30, 2010

Art Buzz Austin Artist- JEANA MARINO


"I paint Figurative Art (creating unique ways of seeing feminine energy ).
My approach to painting is placing emphasis on representing specific emotions and various abstractions using color and heavy brush strokes. Within each image an open invitation is presented. Individual influences come from movement and music; particularly the human silhouette. Medium of choice is acrylic and my technique is formed as I go. Repeatedly, my work is descriptive in spirit – natural shapes and form taken from the world at large. My paintings have been described as “capturing a ritual of vitality”. It is difficult to determine when a painting is finished, but usually I instinctively know when the moment has arrived. I can say more often than not, my paintings finish themselves. There was a time when I questioned a piece, made a change, and then tried again. Now-a-days, I allow it to just simply BE." -JEANA MARINO

No comments:

Post a Comment