ART EXHIBITION: • Sept. 13th-18th • Mon-Sat 10am-6pm

MEET the ARTISTs" RECEPTION: • Friday September 17, 6:30-9pm

Monday, August 30, 2010

Art Buzz Austin Artist- AMY LONG

"I paint to illustrate my experience of the world around me. The situations and depictions I choose to discuss are those that I feel need to be addressed. My art is a means to help resolve my feelings/thoughts towards various problems: stereotypes, gender roles, double standards, political motives, and the corruption of mass media. The scenes that I articulate in my work are strategized in a way to reveal multiple layers of meaning and interpretation that can be both celebratory and critical at the same time. Through this complexity, my goal is simply to inspire thought from viewers" - AMY LONG

No comments:

Post a Comment