ART EXHIBITION: • Sept. 13th-18th • Mon-Sat 10am-6pm

MEET the ARTISTs" RECEPTION: • Friday September 17, 6:30-9pm

Monday, August 30, 2010

Art Buzz Austin Artist- JOHN WEBER

  "As an apprentice , I have found myself in the shadow of a great artist. My daily work is building stainless steel kinetic sculpture, through the influence of my mentor, I have been introduced into the life of art, and a world of possibilities. Ive been working with stainless steel for just over three years and have been building my own sculpture for a short time longer. Through my apprenticeship I have the resources and inspiration to bring my own ideas and visions to life. My pieces are all recycled stainless steel, and range from many different styles, from organic, to industrial. My art has introduced me to new artist, new ideas, friendships, organizations, collaborations , and partnerships. I am most motivated by working with, and sharing ideas with other artist, especially those who survive through their art. I feel these influences are the most important for an artist who survives by his or her craft. My pieces are a direct reflection of my imagination , and influenced by the growth and struggles of a young artist. My art offers a unique insight, in the way that all of the steel in my pieces was produced for a different intention, and I have made it into what you see."
-JOHN WEBER

No comments:

Post a Comment