ART EXHIBITION: • Sept. 13th-18th • Mon-Sat 10am-6pm

MEET the ARTISTs" RECEPTION: • Friday September 17, 6:30-9pm

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Art Buzz Austin Artist- KELLY MARSHALL

I once heard, “Life has it’s up and it’s downs, it’s heartaches and it’s parties” – this is the flow of life and this is what I paint, My studio is full of people, acrylic people, some of them I know others I just know their stories.
My grandmother was what I call a great “Texas Artist”. She painted phenomenal landscapes, barns, bluebonnets and roses, all in oil. Growing up in a different era, I don’t have the time or the patience – so I use acrylic on canvas predominately for the quicker gratification, I can’t imagine waiting for the oil to dry!
In my work you may notice the eye is sometimes larger than it should be – you’re right I have never been formally trained but I do believe that the eyes are the windows to one’s soul. I want you to know what my person is feeling…are they heartbroken, the life of the party or living quietly in the shadows? Sit back and enjoy the people!
- KELLY MARSHALL

No comments:

Post a Comment